Legal Terms & Conditions
1. I acknowledge that competitive Racing involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, coarse and weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
3. By completing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and hereby indemnify them against all liability for all injury, loss of damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable during and after the event.
5. I consent to event organisers, and sponsors using my name, image and likeness before, during and after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover effected for participants in this event may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race and safety briefings) are a service to me and other competitors but are no guarantee of safety.
8. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
9. If I am unable to compete or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the race director, my registration fee is non-refundable.
10. I have listed my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of competing, despite these conditions.
11. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by Adventurethon Australia and the event organiser.
12. Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
13. I will supply my own PFD if I am kayaking. I understand that it is recommended that I wear a stinger suit in the paddle leg of the race (NQLD only). I understand that it is required that I use a leg leash (Ultra and Enduro), and orange smoke flare (Ultra only).
14. Registration fees are non-refundable. Registrations transferred to another person less than 21 days prior to an event will incur a $20 fee.
15. Any changes to registrations less than 21 days prior to an event will incur a $20 fee per registrant.
16. Any registrations made 14 days or less before any event will incur an late fee of $20 per registration.
17. I certify that I am 18 years or older and I have read this document and fully understand it.