Adventurethon Announces launch of SPRINT ADVENTURETHON
Adventurethon is excited to announce the inclusion of an Individual SPRINT DISTANCE ADVENTURETHON in all destinations, with the first one being Adventurethon Anglesea this December 3 & 4, in the Surfcoast region of Victoria. This is a perfect option for triathletes looking for a fast, exciting hit out, or competitors backing up from Ultra, Duathlon and Enduro events the day before.
With 1km paddle, 10km mountain bike ride and 4km trail/beach run the Sprint Distance competitor would expect to finish in under an hour. First Male and Female to finish in the Sprint Adventurethon will win $100, with top 3 receiving medallions.
Saturday competitors automatically qualify to compete and receive a discounted entry to Sundays Sprint Distance Adventurethon. (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code, please ensure to include your order number from your Saturday event).
There will still be the Taste of Adventurethon for beginners, people new to exercise or recovering from injury etc or simply looking to have a go at Adventurethon.
Why Do the Sprint Adventurethon?
- For sprinters there is no pacing in this event – just go flat out and as fast as you possibly can, to get back before the 1 hour.
- The Sprint Adventurethon is perfect for existing Triathlon people who really want a chance to show how awesome all their training is in an off road arena, without having to spend the long hours out on the course that is traditional for Ultra, Enduro and Duathlon
- It’s a perfect chance for redemption for those competitors who haven’t done as well as they hoped on the Saturday. A dnf, mechanical or some other outside challenge that affects your race Saturday can really disappoint you – so jump in to the Sprint Adventurethon and smoke the course, finishing the weekend on a high.
- If you are good at one element of the three (paddle, ride or run) and want to have a crack at the others, then the Sprint Adventurethon is great for you also.
- If you have never done off road and are keen to see what all the fun is about – this is a perfect option for you.
- The speed of this event will mean that it will not negatively impact any other training or races you have coming up – so Triathletes jump on board and show us how speedy you really are!
Cost of Sprint Category
$ 84 ($49 for competitors registered in Saturdays events. Email email@example.com for your discount code, along with your order number from your registration).
No Shirts with order
Individual ONLY – teams would need do Taste of Adventurethon.
BYO BOAT or hire from Peak Adventure (see Hire page HERE) (Adventurethon Anglesea)
Be the first to compete in the Sprint Adventurethon at Anglesea, Surfcoast Victoria. Head to the rego page HERE.