BIG NEWS! We've joined forces!
Adventurethon Demolish 3 stage race & Grafton Cycle Club join forces to create the ultimate G-Bomb + Demolish festival set to be an explosive weekend of outdoor activities to choose from, we are both very excited about providing a variety of ways of showing off the natural highlights of Clarence Valley.
Unfortunately, wet weather has thwarted the clubs second attempt at running the G-bomb this year in October. With very few gaps in the 2018 calendar, the choice was made between both groups to strengthen our partnership and make a massive weekend of options for visitors to get to the Clarence Valley and participate in some or all the activities that best suit their interests and skills. We will run a combined G-Bomb + Adventurethon Demolish festival! Kaboom! LOL
So what is the Adventurethon Demolish?
Put simply its 3 races spread over a weekend, each race is a leg of an adventure race – Kayaking, Running and Mountain biking. For each race, there is multiple distances to choose from and like with the G-Bomb you can enter 1, 2 or all 3 races.
- The Clarence River Rush will be Saturday morning, starting at Lilydale, and ending at Copmanhurst (shorter distances start closer to Copmanhurst)
- The Gorge Run at “the Gorge” Saturday afternoon
- The Forest Flow MTB at Bom Bom Sunday morning, using nearly all the BOM BOM tracks in one race!
All the info you need to know is here: https://adventurethon.com.au/event/clarence-valley/
So what is the G-BOMB?
For the pure MTBers amongst us the G bomb will offer either 1, 2 or 3 G-Bomb races, with the Triple Bom King and Queen point score title available to the best across all races:
- Sat am- XCO race multiple laps of a short course against your age group and gender
- Sat pm- 6hr ride solo or as a team and complete as many 14km laps as you can in 6hrs
- Sun am- XC 22.5km, Join the Demolish Forest Flow on a lap using most tracks in Bom Bom
All the details are available here: https://sites.google.com/view/bombomracing/gbomb-2018
With a few minor adjustments to both of our event schedules, we think we can run an event where entrants have time to coordinate a multitude of event entry combinations as the supreme reason to visit the Clarence Valley this year. There is the option of any combination of MTB only events, as per the original G-Bomb format. Or you can sacrifice the Saturday am XCO race to join the paddling race on the Clarence River. Or if you fancy running, head out to the gorge while the 6hr is on at Bom Bom.
- NEW Entries for Saturday’s XCO, 6hr(solo or team) or Triple Bom will be via MTBA.
- NEW Entries for Sunday XC race ONLY is to use Adventurethon registration system.
- ALL existing G-Bomb Entries will roll over to the new date as is. All existing entries for the Sunday XCO will be slotted into the 22.5k Forest Flow by default.
Any questions regarding the Adventurethon Feel free to call
Joel Savage 0447 496 489 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding G-Bomb Saturdays MTB only events
Grant Hodgins 0413788955 or facebook https://www.facebook.com/BomBomRacing